[Sugar-devel] jhbuild execution error

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-ui-sugar-devel at silbe.org
Thu May 13 15:02:38 EDT 2010

On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 09:56:32AM -0400, Walter Bender wrote:

> It is a tricky business. I had the opposite problem just now in that
> by updating to Ubuntu 10.4, sugar-jhbuild failed. I had to rebuild
> sugar-artwork (as per Sascha's suggestion) to get it to work. It seems
> that to be able to support multiple versions of GTK within
> sugar-jhbuild is problematic.

Just to make it clear: This is a problem with sugar-artwork, not
sugar-jhbuild. It even happened with the native Ubuntu packages first.

After some iterations, we should now have a work-around that allows
sugar-artwork to compile and run with both the very latest GTK release
and previous ones.

If you use sugar-jhbuild, you might need to do a clean build of
sugar-artwork ("rm -rf source/sugar-artwork && ./sugar-jhbuild buildone
sugar-artwork") in order to get the latest "fix". auto* doesn't seem to
be smart enough to notice the change.

CU Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/