[Sugar-devel] Download experimental without being logged in

Aleksey Lim alsroot at member.fsf.org
Tue May 11 15:21:41 EDT 2010

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 05:37:52AM -0700, Thomas Gilliard wrote:
> Is there anyway to tell what version (flavor) of sugar

It already works, ASLO can grab SP version from useragent string
and provide appropriate activity versions for download buttons (full
version list is still accessible on activity history page).

> (and hardware),

I guess we can grap x86/x86_64 info from useragent as well but not sure
if it will help much since people just place binaries from their current
distro to .xo thus there is not guaranty that it will work in other
cases. It is fundamental issue w/ .xo, in my mind it is pretty useless to
try to fix binaries issue and having only .xo deployment scheme at the
same time.

> a user is logging in with?
>
> If so, could this trigger a custom list of activities for his/her
> version to be listed?

It is not custom list but list of the same activities but some of them
(incompatible with user's SP) have additional hints around/instead
download button.

--
Aleksey