[Sugar-devel] Updated Open Office.ods Spreadsheet of tested Compatible Activities with a Soas Mirabelle 509 USB

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Tue May 11 09:54:56 EDT 2010

On Mon, 2010-05-10 at 20:59 -0700, Thomas C Gilliard wrote:
> Bernie:
>
> 1-)Re-tested ASLO .xo activities for compatibility with
> soas-i386-20100509 as a 2GB USB on my ACER Aspire One.
>
> (All of the Activities tested were run from a 2nd 1GB USB (it has about
> 140 on it) without copy-pasting loading to the journal.)
>
> Link:
> http://people.sugarlabs.org/Tgillard/Activities-Index-Mirabell.ods

The work you're doing is amazing, but it's hard to collaborate on a
spreadsheet. Maybe you could translate it to a wiki page? Or, even
better, maybe we could encode this knowledge right into ASLO?

For example, you could edit the description to add your notes at the
bottom.

The only problem with using ASLO directly is that there's no way to get
a nice report in table format like the one you did. The knowledge is all
there, but it's presented in a sparse format which is inconvenient for
someone who wants to decide whether or not Sugar 0.88 is deployable.

Perhaps we can solve this issue at a later time by adding a new report
page to ASLO. I'm not familiar with ASLO's codebase, but since it's just
a PHP application it shouldn't be that hard to hack something with it.

Just my random thoughts, not really a concrete proposal. For the time
being, thanks for collecting this very valuable information.

> 2_)Also: I did my first edit in ASLO for read. (changed range from 0.88
> to 0.86)

Why, it does not work? :-(

Please, file a bug report in Trac, we'll work on it.

> I plan to rapidly enter the findings listed on the spreadsheet into ASLO.

Thanks! At this time, the #1 blocker for upgrading to Sugar 0.88 is that
very few activities are marked as compatible.

Aleksey: to speed-up Thomas' work, maybe we could hack the database to
pre-mark all 0.86-compatible activities as compatible? So he would just
need to un-mark those which turn out to be incompatible.

The release-notes for Sugar 0.88 claim no changes in the activity API,
so we can expect almost every activity that works on 0.86 to also work
on 0.88.