[Sugar-devel] Patchwork

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Tue May 11 07:42:40 EDT 2010

On Tue, 2010-05-11 at 09:35 +0200, Tomeu Vizoso wrote:
> On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 02:38, James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org> wrote:
> > On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 11:52:49AM +0200, Tomeu Vizoso wrote:
> >> I don't see though how we'd link patches to bug reports and feature
> >> specs, do we have a way for that? IME is very useful when you dive
> >> into a new codebase, to be able get to the rationale of changes when
> >> it didn't got fully into the commit message.
> >
> > Reject (NAK) the patch until the commit message contains this detail.e
>
> This I had clear, I'm just wondering if it could be done easier for
> the submitter, as git bz does.

Ah, then what you want is the back-link: finding the patch from the bug
tracker.

How about just pasting the link to the patchwork thread manually when
closing the bug? It would save some developer time if we had a
post-receive hook for updating Trac automatically when someone pushes
the fix. GCC does this to update Bugzilla from Subversion.

BTW, at the bottom of git-bz's homepage, I've found a link to this
"possibly related article" which in fact bashes git-gz :-)

  http://felipec.wordpress.com/2010/01/19/why-bugzilla-sucks-for-handling-patches/