[Sugar-devel] Patchwork

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Mon May 10 20:38:33 EDT 2010

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 11:52:49AM +0200, Tomeu Vizoso wrote:
> I don't see though how we'd link patches to bug reports and feature
> specs, do we have a way for that? IME is very useful when you dive
> into a new codebase, to be able get to the rationale of changes when
> it didn't got fully into the commit message.

Reject (NAK) the patch until the commit message contains this detail.

Or if you're the maintainer and you are committing the patch on behalf
of a different author, and this is the only thing left that needs doing,
and you have the time to do it rather than reject, adjust the commit
message yourself.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/