[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Default ad-hoc networks

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Fri May 7 16:04:15 EDT 2010

On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 3:07 AM, Simon Schampijer <simon at schampijer.de> wrote:
> Thanks Isaac, for the detailed explanation :)

Great to see this coming to closure. One question I have; with these patches...

 1 - If Sugar sees no "known" network, and no "populated" ad hoc
network, can we automate the picking of an adhoc network after a brief
timeout (giving enough time to listen to beacons)? Default to ad hoc
1?

 2 - If Sugar sees no known network, and a populated ad hoc network,
can it auto associate?

Maybe codepath #1 can have a random wait to minimise the "race
condition" within a bunch of XOs started or awoken at the same time?
So one is clearly early, sets up things in ch 1 for others to join...?

The goal here is that if you start a bunch of XOs "under a tree" (or
at least "not under an AP" :-) ), they auto-network together.
Specially important for the youngest of our users...

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions