[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Default ad-hoc networks

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Thu May 6 17:12:20 EDT 2010

On 05/06/2010 02:34 PM, Paul Fox wrote:
> simon wrote:
>   >  Did we settle on the naming of the network. I was in favor of 'local
>   >  network' as that mimics well the range of the network for me. James
>   >  meant that this could be confused with 'localhost', if I remember
>   >  correctly. 'Our network' was another option. Any good argument, or
>   >  another option?
>

> surprisingly, "ad-hoc" describes them pretty well. :-)
> seriously, it captures that they are informal, self-managed, and
> probably temporary.
>
> "impromptu" carries some of the same feeling.
>
> "informal", or "casual" might work, too.  it's certainly how i
> think of ad-hoc networks -- i.e., the opposite of "managed" or
> "requiring infrastructure".
>
> paul

Thanks Paul for your reply. Actually, you are right, "Ad-hoc Network
[channel number]" sounds good. Is "Ad-hoc" the correct way to write it?
Found many different ways on the net.

I have attached new patches to the ticket 9845 including the famous maya
numerals icons (thanks Fred for the hint). I quite like them :)

I could do rpms, too - if someone would want to test it (please mind the
NM ones if you want to apply the patches by hand).

Regards,
    Simon