[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Default ad-hoc networks

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Thu May 6 03:27:59 EDT 2010

On 05/04/2010 05:11 PM, Martin Langhoff wrote:
> On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 10:52 AM, Simon Schampijer<simon at schampijer.de>  wrote:
>> since I am good at playing with SVGs by now I made a quick sketch. The
>> 'dotted' version and the no bg version is attached. Code wise both is simple
>> to do.
>
> Great! they look good to me. Wouldn't know which one to choose ;-)

Ok, after a bit of thinking I would go for the 'no bg' version. With the
dotted one I think users might not know instinctive what means what:
dotted means there are people connected, there are none?

Did we settle on the naming of the network. I was in favor of 'local
network' as that mimics well the range of the network for me. James
meant that this could be confused with 'localhost', if I remember
correctly. 'Our network' was another option. Any good argument, or
another option?

Thanks,
    Simon