[Sugar-devel] [SoaS] SOAS-3: Final Activity List - Attention needed!

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Tue May 4 12:11:46 EDT 2010

On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 3:15 PM, Sean DALY <sdaly.be at gmail.com> wrote:
> No, the version numbers in the press releases were changes I proposed
> fom the existing numbering. So SoaS-1 became the beta-1, SoaS-2 became
> the v1. The objective was to make the numbers instantly
> understandable, and allow us to build omentum wth each release.

Well your releases don't read like that! An apparently looking back
through the articles written about it nor did the reporters. So you
failed on that one!

> Unfortunately, we can't do that with Mirabelle, since it is missing
> key e-book reading Activities we were promoting just six months ago.
> We need to be consistent. I have no doubt it's solid engineering, but
> It's unfortunately quite disconnected from our marketing strategy,
> which is why we should be on the same page when a major decision like
> removing all Activities needs to be taken.

Its not had to add e-books and what's more its impossible to include
specific e-books to cover all languages and ages and Read the e-book
reader is there itself. I added it back in. So your actually incorrect
there.

> I'm at a loss how to proceed, probably the best approach is to
> position Mirabelle as a part of the Sugar Creation Kit and promote
> that.

And rule out the education people with all the other things that are
there. That's the vast majority of the audience.

When Sebastian and I first put out the call about it we got a lot of
"you must include the world and its dog" but other than the two of us
I've had exactly one person testing regularly and 3 or 4 others do one
or two reports. If that was a feature you explicitly wanted why didn't
you do the testing of it to ensure it was stable rather than sticking
your head in the sand and supposedly ruining your own marketing
opportunity. I'm sick of it being the fault of the people that do the
work rather that the people that can yell the loudest!

Peter