[Sugar-devel] Code Review process changes

David Farning dfarning at gmail.com
Tue May 4 09:34:12 EDT 2010

I have been trying to keep quite about this until we have had results
flowing in....  Over the past couple of months Bernie, Caroline, and I
have been looking at businesses around Sugar and OLPC.  One of the
ideas that we are exploring is service and support for deployments.

As such, we are contracting developers to fix specific bugs that
deployments hire us to fix or issues that Bernie identifies as high
priority at the deployment in Paraguay.  There are several
organizations and companies already working in this field.  The key
difference between our company and others, in the field, is that our
issues are not considered _complete_ until 1) the fix the customer's
problem and 2) the fixes have been accepted upstream by Sugar Labs,
OLPC, or Debian.

I don't understand the pros and cons of the various of maintainer
workflows to have a opinion.  I would like to inform the community
that:
1) You will be seeing a continued increase of deployment related bug fixes.
2) As these new developers become more experienced I will be happy to
fund them to to maintain portions of Sugar.

david