[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Default ad-hoc networks

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Tue May 4 02:54:02 EDT 2010

On 05/03/2010 10:32 PM, Martin Langhoff wrote:
> On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 3:44 PM, Simon Schampijer<simon at schampijer.de>  wrote:
>> The color, hmmm. As color is something important in the sugar user
>
> alternative ideas:
>
>   - single-vs-double-line for the circle's border
>
>   - continuous vs dotted line for the circle's border
>
>   - make the bg colour of the icon "transparent" (or equal to the bg
> color of the neighbourhood canvas)

Are those alternative ideas to indicate if the network is active?

To summarize the current status: there are four things we want to show
in the icon:

- channel number (currently done with the maya numerals)
- I am connected to the network (currently done in the same way we do it
for APs)
- color of the icon itself (I would choose the color of the user, like
we do for the mesh icons)
- someone else is already connected to the network (one idea was to add
a badge)

Thanks,
    Simon