[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Default ad-hoc networks

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Mon May 3 15:08:39 EDT 2010

On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 1:18 PM, Frederick Grose <fgrose at gmail.com> wrote:
> Shouldn't ad-hoc network icons be gray if empty/inactive

+1, with the following qualifier: there's a small risk that it may get
confusing with our convention of gray-is-not-a-search-result

> and colored by the
> creator's Sugar Learner colors once created?

As Paul points out, ad-hoc networking infrastructure won't care (nor
tell) who's the creator, and that's a feature: if the "creator" walks
away/shutsdown/runs our of battery, the "network" keeps working.

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions