No subject

Mon Mar 15 02:42:15 EDT 2010

> One fallback I keep thinking about is an overflow/more... icon as the last
> available icon in a favourite layout. {...}

For Spiral scrolling, with a touch-screen interface, any swipes along a
tangent of the spiral would spin the spiral in the direction of the swipe
revealing hidden items from the appropriate end and hiding the other end of
the chain.  We could provide a spinner toggle control for the Spiral pattern
on the toolbar for the touch-pad, mouse, & keyboard interfaces.

        --Fred

--0022152d6eb1d7f813048cedf88c

chmidt <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:christianmarc at gmail.com" tar=
 class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc soli=
d;padding-left:1ex">

Starring activites in the journal to appear in Home makes sense. And<br>
the spiral as overflow for the ring, if executed well, seems like a<br>
good idea in order to preserve the general UI metaphor. We should test<br>
a range of different variations to end up with a design that is both<br>
efficient and visually elegant.<br>
I think we should also investigate a scalable grid view with<br>
thumbnails--I still believe this would make for a great counterpart to<br>
the ring/spiral. I&#39;ll look for the original mockups and start<br>
exploring this idea further...<br>
e class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin-top:0px;margin-right:0px;margin-bot=
tom:0px;margin-left:0.8ex;border-left-width:1px;border-left-color:rgb(204, =
204, 204);border-left-style:solid;padding-left:1ex">

One fallback I keep thinking about is an overflow/more... icon as the last =
Spiral scrolling, with a touch-screen interface, any swipes along a tangent=
 of the spiral would spin the spiral in the direction of the swipe revealin=
g hidden items from the appropriate end and hiding the other end of the cha=
in. =A0We could provide a spinner toggle control for the Spiral pattern on =
the toolbar for the touch-pad, mouse, &amp; keyboard interfaces.</div>

=A0 =A0--Fred</div>

--0022152d6eb1d7f813048cedf88c--