[Sugar-devel] New Chapter in Make Your Own Sugar Activities needs review

James Simmons nicestep at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 11:52:24 EDT 2010

Bert,

I could have done it that way, but the whole point of Sugar Commander
is to update the metadata for an entry.  If someone adds or removes a
Journal object I definitely want to know about it, but if someone
updates an entry I may have unsaved changes that I don't want to lose.

Sugar is a single-user environment and it actually takes some effort
to update the Journal while Sugar-Commander is running.  It's much
more difficult than it would be in a windowed UI.  For that reason it
seemed reasonable to ignore updates to the Journal entries outside of
Sugar-Commander.

When I select a Journal entry in the list I get the latest entry from
the datastore.

I'll think some more about changing this, but that will wait for version 3.

James Simmons