[Sugar-devel] Errors while Porting Video Editor

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at tomeuvizoso.net
Fri Mar 26 09:21:10 EDT 2010

Hi Manjot,

unfortunately don't have lots of time to invest in your project,
though I think it's a very valuable one.

It's very likely that the other people that could help you won't have
as well lots of time, because there are many other people who want to
do things with Sugar and Pitivi and have questions as well.

That's why I will suggest you some ways to request help without
requiring so much time from others:

- subscribe to the relevant mailing lists and be present in the
relevant IRC channels. Read what others write, and learn from there.

- make questions as specific as possible. If you have a problem, try
to get an idea as good as possible about it and include a good
description in your email. Don't send just a link to logs and expect
other people to interpret them.

- keep a public log of your work, be it in a wiki or in a blog.

- push often your work to a public repository, I would suggest git.

If you have some free time, I suggest you to peruse:

http://producingoss.com/

Regards,

Tomeu