[Sugar-devel] scalability in the neighborhood view

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at tomeuvizoso.net
Wed Mar 24 03:28:45 EDT 2010

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 17:00, Martin Langhoff
<martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 2:59 PM, Eben Eliason <eben.eliason at gmail.com> wrote:
>> maybe we can start with a Moodle-only
>> approach and later extend to a generic system that works with or
>> without a server.
>
> Yep - no prob for me. The GUI side probably needs a bit of extra
> thinking so that it avoids being specific to the backend works (moodle
> in this case)...

I was thinking that Moodle would put contacts in groups in the server
side and Sugar would just use the standard Telepathy interfaces.

In that way, whatever is done in the server side would work for
students using Gnome and Empathy, and also other deployments could get
creative on the server side without having to fork Sugar.

Regards,

Tomeu