[Sugar-devel] [ASLO] Release Read ETexts-19

Aleksey Lim alsroot at member.fsf.org
Mon Mar 15 15:33:10 EDT 2010

On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 02:09:18PM -0500, James Simmons wrote:
> Gabriel,
>
> Actually it would be just as easy to copy the files from USB directly
> to the Journal and you could use the file name as the Journal entry
> title.  All of my Activities read and write to the Journal.  It's
> easy.  If I was going to do "Sugar Commander" I could copy code from
> these Activities and hack something together.
>
> Aleksey's Library Activity was pretty nice when I tried it.  I don't
> think it addressed USB copying at all but it did give you more options
> for organizing Journal content.  That's another thing that special
> Journal Activities can do.
>
> Ideally such Activities could work with .82 or greater and support
> both old and new style toolbars, as my three Activities now do.

In case of toolbars mess, for last Speak, CartookBuilder and Flipsticks
I used code ripped from sugar-toolkit[1] so activities don't contain any
ifs and look the same on all sugars.

For Library-2, I'm planing to switch to Toolkit[2] service i.e. pure
Vala/C based library w/o using sugar-toolkit at all. Toolkit will
support 0.82+ and all last sugar-toolkit features i.e. it lets using
full functional UI in not only python activities like GCompris.

[1] http://git.sugarlabs.org/projects/toolkit/repos/mainline/trees/deprecated
[2] http://git.sugarlabs.org/projects/toolkit/repos/mainline/trees/master

--
Aleksey