[Sugar-devel] [ASLO] Join us to test ASLO's layout issues

Aleksey Lim alsroot at member.fsf.org
Sun Mar 7 03:35:51 EST 2010

Test environments:

w/ sugar theme:  http://activities-testing.sugarlabs.org/
w/o sugar theme: http://activities-devel.sugarlabs.org/

both sites uses similar db, so to show the same page on another site,
just replace "-testing" and "-devel" substrings

On Sat, Mar 06, 2010 at 11:55:45PM -0700, Josh Williams wrote:
> Hey Aleksey,

> > * logout onhttp://activities-testing.sugarlabs.org/
> >
> > * setup FF settings onabout:config  page
> >    general.useragent.vendor:     Sugar Labs
> >    general.useragent.vendorSub:  0.86
> >
> > * go tohttp://activities-testing.sugarlabs.org/en-US/sugar/addon/4218
> >    "Download Now" button is visible but inactive
> >    on -devel, it is invisible
> >

> Could you give me the -devel link (or activity page with the same
> problem) that's displaying the correct behavior?

ah, it is visible but inactive (on -testing, it is active but just
do nothing)
I copied db to -devel, so just replace "testing" to "devel"

> > * on the same Doom page, "Advanced" search button is visible but inactive
> >    on -devel it is active
> >
> > * minor issues
> >
> >    http://activities-testing.sugarlabs.org/en-US/sugar/search?q=oo&cat=all
> >    clickable text in download area looks not so good
> >

> Should be fixed now.
> >    with empty results,
> >    http://activities-testing.sugarlabs.org/en-US/sugar/search?q=foooo&cat=all
> >    "No results found" section is not under "Search Results" text
> >

> Fixed.
> The crawl bar is fixed too.

another issues:

* recommended activity's download button e.g. for Scratch, on main page
  is included to frame but on activity page isn't
  http://activities-testing.sugarlabs.org/en-US/sugar/addon/4249

* http://activities-testing.sugarlabs.org/en-US/sugar/addon/4241
  is incompatible and experimental at the same time,
  -testing shows both warnings at the same time, but
  http://activities-devel.sugarlabs.org/en-US/sugar/addon/4
  one after another

* http://activities-testing.sugarlabs.org/en-US/sugar/browse/type:1/cat:104?sort=newest
  shows "This add-on is for older versions of Firefox" message right
  after "Download Now" button, but -devel shows it below

--
Aleksey