[Sugar-devel] [ANNOUNCE] [ASLO] Binary based activities approving moratorium

Aleksey Lim alsroot at member.fsf.org
Fri Mar 5 21:25:54 EST 2010

On Thu, Mar 04, 2010 at 09:04:16PM +0000, Aleksey Lim wrote:
> Dear ASLO uploaders and editors,
>
> All activities that where requested to be public (or new versions of
> activities) with binaries bundled (or with non Sugar Platform
> dependencies) will be postponed until accepting ASLO editors policy.
>
> Policy draft will be based on results of
> http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/sugar-devel/2010-March/022800.html
> SLOBs request.
>
> Later information will be posted to sugar-devel@ with tags
> [ANNOUNCE] [ASLO]

On Oversight Board from 2010-03-05 [1], was chosean a motion to:

    (1) Bundles with non-Sugar dependencies be clearly marked in ASLO;
    (2) We work towards a mechanism for supporting access to non-Sugar
        dependencies--a specific endorsement of being open; and
    (3) We do not restrict ASLO while we progress towards #2.

Thus moratorium is canceled. For possible uploaders of activities with
binary and non Sugar Platfom dependencies, please keep in mind that
format of such activities will be changed.

[1] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Oversight_Board/Meeting_Minutes-2010-03-05#ASLO

--
Aleksey