[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] multiple IM accounts

Benjamin M. Schwartz bmschwar at fas.harvard.edu
Fri Mar 5 09:45:25 EST 2010

Tomeu Vizoso wrote:
> But if someone has good ideas about how to expose contacts from
> mutiple accounts, here is the thread.

I think there are lots of interesting ways to do that.  For example,
Bitfrost specifies that each user is identified by a cryptographic public
key.  To certify that an account is mine, I could include a tag somewhere
in the buddy properties that displays my public key and signs the
identifier with my Sugar private key.  Then Sugar can safely merge any two
buddies with the same public key (after verifying the signatures).

Really, though, I am strongly in favor of implementing, stabilizing, and
releasing network switching _before_ implementing concurrent network logins.

--Ben