[Sugar-devel] [FIELDBACK] Naming Alert

Gerald Ardito gmanb5 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 17:36:15 EST 2010

Simon,

I conducted the test we discussed with my 5th graders today. There were six
students involved in the focus group.

First of all, they concurred with your results. They loved the feature of
being able to either Start New or Resume right from the Home View. As did
your students, mine remarked that it was way easier than going to the
Journal. They also mentioned that more often than not they are continuing
past work, as opposed to starting something new, so they found this feature
very valuable.

The Naming alert (present in this build) was something they found in their
way. They are used to naming their work right from the activity, so this
seemed like an extra step to them. They are not used to making notes in the
Journal, so this feature didn't add much for them, although I certainly see
how it could be really useful.

I hope this is helpful.

Best,
Gerald