[Sugar-devel] Fwd: Free From Malaria Game

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Wed Jun 23 21:18:07 EDT 2010

On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 09:04:37AM -0300, Gonzalo Odiard wrote:
> Developer without a name wrote:
>
> > The images are not meant to be modified since it contains material and
> > information about health and we want to maintain the integrity of the story
> > to the information displayed. All text is rendered as fonts and strings and
> > a future release with Pootle annotation will be provided in order to allow
> > translation and localisation.
>
> There are more disease associated to mosquitoes. In my country Dengue have the
> same preventions and the game will be very useful. Probably there are more
> situations where a modification of the game will be useful for a particular
> deployment.

It is important that the health message be controlled by those who are
qualified to review it; medical professionals and research groups.

Pootle translation may not be sufficient, since a translation won't
necessarily be reviewed by medical professionals.

It is also important that Sugar Labs hosts software with a permissive
license.

Perhaps this can be resolved by splitting the delivery software from the
content.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/