[Sugar-devel] Keep confusion -- round N+1

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Wed Jun 23 17:04:00 EDT 2010

On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 04:49:48PM -0400, Martin Langhoff wrote:
> B1 - That we have a "Keep" button, labelled "Keep", that actually
> creates a new document but retains the same document name.

I don't like it.

> B2 - What you can see between steps #2.1 and #2.2 -- if you wait a few
> seconds between those steps, step #4 will show 2 documents with the
> new name instead of 2 documents with the "old" name.

The keep callback should probably commit the name change first, to
remove this race.

I think you can also tab out of the field in order to get the change
noticed.

If I recall correctly, GTK+ emits a text changed signal for every
keystroke, but most GTK+ applications don't use the text until focus is
lost.

0.88 has the press-alt-key to start a new activity thing.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/