[Sugar-devel] A Tale of Sugar and Pippy

Martin Dengler martin at martindengler.com
Tue Jun 22 09:25:06 EDT 2010

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 06:07:50PM +1000, James Cameron wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 03:39:46AM -0400, Michael Stone wrote:
> > Here, we reach the end of my tale. You see, my friend and I agreed
> > that our desired next step would be to send our change to sugar-devel@
> > along with, well, this story.
> >
> >    -1: Unfortunately, there's no obvious way to do this with Sugar and
> >        Pippy today.
> >
> > Anyone have thoughts on what "stepping stones" Sugar and Pippy ought
> > to provide to make this act of reflection and sharing feel as natural
> > as the act of starting Pippy or of making the change that we want to
> > describe and to share?
>
> We might not be able to depend on an e-mail path.  So I envisage a
> small web application on sugarlabs.org

Both an email and a POST request could be tried - saving the entry to
the journal might be good, which then opens up a whole other set of
routes (and confusions) for submission/sharing (and its resultant UI
challenges).

To bikeshed a bit, perhaps "share via email" and/or "share via web"
could become part of Activities' sharing options.

Martin