[Sugar-devel] core maintainers

David Farning dfarning at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 10:04:22 EDT 2010

On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 6:59 AM, Martin Dengler
<martin at martindengler.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 02:02:57PM -0500, David Farning wrote:

>> > From my POV, in order of need/suitability:
>> >
>> > - Read
>> > - Write
>>
>> AC will accept responsibility for  Read and Write.
>
> Please update
> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Development_Team/Release/Modules then.
> It'd also be nice to know who the people are and why they are
> qualified (code patches seem a good way to do this, as implied by
> http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/sugar-devel/2010-June/024616.html
> ).

I apologize for my lack of clarity.  I have distinct definitions for
the terms responsibility and authority.

Responsibility means, "We will figure out how to provide the resources
necessary get the work done."

Authority for the activities still resides in the meritocracy of the
development team.  I expect that it will take weeks or even months
before the new developers earn the trust of the exiting developers to
become the official maintainers of the activities.

david