[Sugar-devel] datastore situation (was Re: Hypothetical sugar-0.90 material, draft 1.)

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 10:02:58 EDT 2010

On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 6:06 AM, Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu at sugarlabs.org> wrote:
> I think this is an unfair recount of my work, so I'm going to put some
> light on it and ask that my frankness is excused.

Hi Tomeu,

I am sorry. Don't mean to attack your work. I have seen 3
implementations (os767 -- not sure the sugar version --, 0.82 and
0.84). Maybe my accounting is such because I also count the "external
disk" handling under DS.

It is true that 0.84 had significant enhancements -- and I know those
come from your work. Those enhancements were very good progress.
Still, the DS in 0.84 has gaps -- no offense intended.

And of course, you, me and everyone involved have worked under a lot
of pressure and confusion.

What worries me is that we _always_ have people with a plan or three
for the DS. They are cool plans, and they... completely ignore the
gaps.

My complaining about it is clearly just pissing people off (and
doesn't seem to encourage anyone towards "let's fix the gaps" patches)
so I'll stop whining. Will try to find time to craft patches instead.

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions