[Sugar-devel] core maintainers

David Farning dfarning at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 09:46:13 EDT 2010

On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 3:11 AM, Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu at sugarlabs.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 21:02, David Farning <dfarning at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> From my POV, in order of need/suitability:
>>>
>>> - Read
>>> - Write
>>
>> AC will accept responsibility for  Read and Write.
>
> Hmm, I have never heard of a company taking over maintenance of a
> module, anybody has references? It uses to be the individuals who
> accept the responsibility of maintaining a module.

Sorry, It is going to take a while for me to learn to express myself
correctly.  I am rather inexperiences at running a start up which
provides service and support for an open source ecosystem.

You are are entirely correct.  The maintainer responsibility falls on
the shoulder of a individual developer who has earned the right to
maintain the key packages by reasons of merit.

So, to rephrase.... From my discussions with deployments, Read and
Write are important components which they feel must 'just work.'  As
such, AC will provide the necessary incentives for two individual
developers from new or existing deployments to spend their time and
energy maintaining Read and Write.

david