[Sugar-devel] Borrar actividad de la lista de actividades

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Sat Jun 19 14:14:14 EDT 2010

[cc += sugar-devel@]

El Fri, 18-06-2010 a las 18:44 -0400, Walter Bender escribió:
> 2010/6/18 Hernan Pachas <hernan.pachas at gmail.com>:
> > Hola Walter
> > Hemos visto que en el build 084+F11  las actividades pueden ser removidas
> > desde la lista de actividades, lo cuál puede ocasionar que los
> > profesores/alumnos puedan borrarlo/eliminarlo por error.
> > Es posible que las opciones de remover actividad, no aparezca? De ser
> > afirmativa tu respuesta, que método debemos seguir?
> > ---hernan
>
> Paraguay is struggling a bit with this issue too. Perhaps we can all
> put our heads together to come up with a solution.

There are a number of solutions. We can apply one or more of these:

1) Martin Abente wrote a patch for Sugar lets you configure a set of
activities which cannot be deleted;

2) The activity updater in 0.84 can restore deleted activities. If the
schoolserver is caching downloaded bundles, it takes just a few seconds.

3) Moving the activities to /usr/share/sugar/activities/ prevents the
users from deleting them. On update, a new copy will appear in the home

4) In sugar 0.88, there's no longer a "Delete" menu in the favorites
view, which prevents accidental deletion.

I think (4) + (2) would work well in practice, but we need to do some
work to restore lost functionality in the Sugar 0.88 updater.

There's also a social problem that can't be solved with technical means:
kids sometimes *intentionally* delete activities to make room for music,
videos and games.

This is the technological equivalent of a kid scribbling on a textbook
or breaking the pencil. The solution may also be the same: ask children
to take good care of their student tools.