[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] New share button style

Frederick Grose fgrose at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 00:09:24 EDT 2010

On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 11:41 PM, Aleksey Lim <alsroot at member.fsf.org>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> While sugarizing GCompris, I've implemented new ShareButton style in
> polyol[1] (while changing share status it pulsing by setting alpha
> channel). I think it would be not bad to use the same style for all
> combobox like tool buttons.
>
> [1] http://people.sugarlabs.org/~alsroot/tmp/share-menu.ogv

This enlivens the interface, and should only be a compliment to the more
standard 'busy' cursor because the gray-scale tone changes of the pulsing
can be missed in suboptimal viewing conditions.

There are several situations where a busy cursor is needed. Among them are
these:

http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/405
http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/851 or http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/3617

Thanks,        --Fred