[Sugar-devel] New ASLO features to implement

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Wed Jun 16 12:21:57 EDT 2010

El Wed, 16-06-2010 a las 07:32 -0700, Thomas C Gilliard escribió:
> Alexsey;
>
> Maybe simple preliminary workaround for incompatible activity
> downloads:
>
> Could a Group of working activities be created for each sugar version
> ie 0.84/0.86/0.88 to be selected by user on opening ASLO?

This can already be done by editing the compatibility flags.

Unfortunately, some teachers bypass this mechanism by downloading
bundles to their pendrives and then installing them directly on Sugar.

Adding compatibility checks on bundle installation would be rather high
priority, imho. In fact, I made it item #2 in my personal list of
critical mid-term goals for Sugar.

There's already some code written:

  http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/1442

Does anyone have the bandwidth to test it, finish whatever is missing
and send me a well tested that I could merge before F11-0.88 Beta1? The
deadline is Jun 25, but please don't send it to me the very last day.