[Sugar-devel] depending on introspection

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-ui-sugar-devel at silbe.org
Wed Jun 16 06:11:06 EDT 2010

Excerpts from Tomeu Vizoso's message of Wed Jun 16 09:27:17 +0000 2010:

> anybody has thoughts about the convenience (or not) of making Sugar
> depend on the introspection stack in GNOME 3.0?
What are the required packages (including minimum version numbers)? How stable are the APIs?

> The upsides include: gradually dropping static bindings which are
> generally unmaintained, less memory use, less cpu usage during
> startup, access to new APIs such as GSettings and Telepathy-GLib.
How backwards-compatible is the introspection stuff? I.e. how much effort would it be to support both?

Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/
http://www.infra-silbe.de/