[Sugar-devel] Fwd: Analysis help needed re: sugargame (pygame) on the 1.0XO (build 802)

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at sugarlabs.org
Wed Jun 16 05:44:26 EDT 2010

Hi George,

On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 03:40, George Hunt <georgejhunt at gmail.com> wrote:

> As  I understand it, Sugargame puts a gtk.socket into an eventbox, and the
> event box is loaded into the XO's VBox by the
> sugar.graphics.window.set_canvas function -- which is a super of
> sugar.activity.activity.
>
> In sugargame/canvas.py
> line 41   self._socket.get_window().set_cursor(None)
>
> AttributeError: 'gtk.Socket' object has no attribute 'get_window'

If I understand the problem, you are trying to use that method in a
version that still hasn't have it:

http://www.pygtk.org/docs/pygtk/class-gtkwidget.html#method-gtkwidget--get-window

PyGtk 2.14 was released in January 2009 so cannot be in F9-based 8.2.x as per:

http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=53

Regards,

Tomeu