[Sugar-devel] New ASLO features to implement

Aleksey Lim alsroot at member.fsf.org
Wed Jun 16 00:38:12 EDT 2010

On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 10:55:20AM +1000, James Cameron wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 10:31:50PM +0000, Aleksey Lim wrote:
> > Lack of some ASLO features was mentioned several times in this mailing
> > list. I'm going to start implementing some of them from this week.
> >
> > Here it is my preliminary TODO (not prioritized list):
> >
> > * By default, ASLO just an repository of activities (not regarding their
> >   stability status) and anonymous downloading is required (for now,
> >   experimental downloads requires be logged in).
>
> I don't understand what you plan to do with this item.  It seems to be a
> statement of fact, not a plan.  Could you please include a verb?

The plan is removing need to be logged in to download experimental
activities and moreover remove experimental status at all. So, instead
of:

* experimental not public activities;
  users need to be logged in to download them

* public activities, anonymous downloading;
  passed via centrilized ASLO review procedure that should cover all
  possible sugar deployment environments

To have:

* just regular uploads w/o need to be logged in to download them;
  later, there could be experimental status set by developer e.g.
  development version but it should be managed by activity developer
  not by someone else

* user can apply one of QA profiles (one could be set by default)
  to see list of activiteis that were tested by someone else
  e.g. SoaS, XO-1.5, XO-Paraguay etc.

--
Aleksey