[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Displaying the current status of system resources (such as memory, cpu)

Martin Abente mabente at paraguayeduca.org
Tue Jun 15 18:45:18 EDT 2010

I think its an great and necessary idea.

In the field, kids learn that the computer has limits only by the painful
way. Last year, in our first 4000 laptops deployment, just a few dyas
later, kids were complaining that "la compu" (the laptop) was "dying". Only
after seeing it happen we realized that they could not meassure the current
load. They were basically opening a lot of activities, without knowing the
consequences.

It would be great to have some kind of basic indicator (for kids!) to help
them.