[Sugar-devel] GNOME and protecting Sugar --

Chris Ball cjb at laptop.org
Tue Jun 15 19:06:25 EDT 2010

Hi,

   >  - How did you solve the problem? There was mention on the list
   > of a ".hidden" file with hints to the file manager, did you use
   > that?  Something else?

The .hidden file has its disadvantages: we don't have a way to browse
the source code of all the activities in Sugar, but GNOME can provide
that by letting you double-click on source files to open them in gedit.

Martin, is the deployment also worried about kids deleting activities
inside Sugar?  If so, it sounds like we want a general undeletable
flag set on ~/Activities/ (that the disk-full script can bypass).
Doesn't seem to be a way to achieve that, though.

- Chris.
--
Chris Ball   <cjb at laptop.org>
One Laptop Per Child