[Sugar-devel] core maintainers

David Farning dfarning at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 15:02:57 EDT 2010

On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 12:36 PM, Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu at sugarlabs.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 18:39, David Farning <dfarning at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Over the past couple of months it has appeared that the ramp up of
>> deployment submitted patches has stretched the core maintainers rather
>> short.
>>
>> I would like to consider having Deployment Support Network developers
>> start accepting additional maintainership responsibility and
>> authority.  Specifically, I am interested in which core activities are
>> in need of a maintainer and which core modules are up for adoption.
>>
>> With this information, I can start identifying and recruiting
>> potential maintainers.
>
> From my POV, in order of need/suitability:
>
> - Read
> - Write

AC will accept responsibility for  Read and Write.

> - Browse
> - hulahop

AC will not be providing support for browse and hulahop.

> - Imageviewer
> - Terminal

These are lower priority but we will pick them up as we build resources.

> I would also love help maintaining the sugar module and other
> maintainers may feel the same.
>
> I'm also thinking how we can hook up new maintainers best, as most
> skills required for this job are learned on the go. Will update soon.

With regard the maintainer mentoring, I think we are in agreement on
this.  As such I will be reaching out to developers at deployments and
providing incentives for them to invest the effort necessary to become
core maintainers.

david