[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Alerting users in case of write errors (sl#1842)

Anish Mangal anishmangal2002 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 13 07:57:56 EDT 2010

> An alert like a chat or Activity sharing invitation would be nice, but one
> with a more visible signal is needed.

> We really really really ... need a general notification system. :D

> Please no popup error dialogue windows if you can avoid it ;) The alert strip that displays under the toolbar is a much more friendly notification for the Sugar UI design.

Thanks for the insightful responses. I have used a slightly modded
version of NotifyAlert (aptly called NotifyRedAlert). A sample
screen-capture can be found here...

http://people.sugarlabs.org/~anish/sl1842-journal.gif
Note: The link above is a big animated gif (~1.8M) and some browsers
may struggle to display it.

If this seems fine, I'll mail the patch for reviewing.

Cheers,
Anish