[Sugar-devel] Revised hypothetical material for sugar-0.90

Michael Stone michael at laptop.org
Sat Jun 12 14:28:57 EDT 2010

First, thanks very much to everyone who commented on my previous thread about
"wild rumors" for sugar-0.90. Your comments are very helpful to me because they
inform my mental picture of what changes might be available within the next few
months to be released. They are also valuable in their own right for creating
excitement, engagement, and a sense of healthy community. Therefore, keep up
the good work!

Second, to tomeu, rgs, aa, mabente, epastorino, esteban, erikos -- I'd like
to hear more from you! In particular, if you could please speak up about the
rightness or wrongness of my guesses on what you're going to be working on,
I would be most appreciative.

Third, to those who are reading this email but who are not yet comfortable
replying in public -- don't worry! Public responses are good, but private
ones can be okay too and I really want you to be involved. Therefore, please
feel free to write to me privately. I'll do what I can to write back and to
fold your ideas into future conversations.

Regards,

Michael

Sugar-0.90 Integration and Testing Needs

Here's a slightly updated list of integration and testing needs based on last
week's comments. Further discussion is encouraged.

Bigger integration needs:

  1.  Aleksey: 0install integration
  2.  Sascha: versioned datastore
  3.  Tomeu: collaboration refactoring
  4.  Raul: rainbow
  5.  Michael: git repo reorganization and build system rewrite
  6.  <you>: <your feature here>

Smaller integration needs:

  7.  Gary + Christian: alternative activity launch UI
  8.  Gary + Scott: preliminary touch-related UI tweaks
  9.  Esteban: virtual keyboard
  10. Lucian: browser abstraction
  11. Martin L.: polish
  12. Walter: write to journal any time
  13. Walter: enhanced color selector
  14. Jorge + Martin A.: journal backup + restore
  15. Andres: journal entry sorting
  16. <you>: <your tweak here>

I'm not sure yet:

  17. Walter: multiple home views