[Sugar-devel] Hypothetical sugar-0.90 material, draft 1.

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Sat Jun 12 10:15:19 EDT 2010

El Sat, 12-06-2010 a las 10:26 +0200, Simon Schampijer escribió:

> > PS I'm sure Walter will back me up here!
>
> Can someone explain me what a development manager is?
>
> Didn't we talk about about Release Management? I hope people don't want
> to throw away what we have been establishing over the last releaeses.
> Our release and Feature process have been in place for several releases
> and to change that there should be good reasons to do so. I don't see
> any yet.

+1.

I would also very much like our next RM to preserve our 6-months release
cycle and keep it synchronized with the major Linux distros, like GNOME
and other high-profile projects do.

This does not imply that we cannot ever do very large restructuring of
our codebase, if needed. This kind of work just needs to happen in a
development trees and be merged when it's sufficiently stable.