[Sugar-devel] core maintainers

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 15:29:44 EDT 2010

On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 12:39 PM, David Farning <dfarning at gmail.com> wrote:
> Over the past couple of months it has appeared that the ramp up of
> deployment submitted patches has stretched the core maintainers rather
> short.

How about the old classic of F/OSS: whoever is doing the most good
work on a particular part of the code... is the maintainer!

The linux kernel and all the successful projects I've done work with
use this fluid notion. Whenever I wonder who's the maintainer for
something I use "git log path/to/dir/or/file".

Easy. Direct. Low bureacracy. Low-flammage (relatively ;-)).

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions