[Sugar-devel] [SoaS] Heads-up: POSSE folks hacking in Fedora/Sugar thisweek and next

Martin Dengler martin at martindengler.com
Thu Jun 10 08:15:08 EDT 2010

[In light of sense and recent conversations, please can we not
cross-post to five mailing lists in the future unless there is clear
information that all lists can benefit from]

On Wed, Jun 09, 2010 at 03:37:19PM -0400, Walter Bender wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 3:26 PM, Peter Robinson <pbrobinson at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 7:50 PM, Art Hunkins <abhunkin at uncg.edu> wrote:
> >> I've noticed that neither the SoaS CD Boot Helper nor the SoaS Floppy Disk
> >> Boot Helper manage to boot SoaS Mirabelle (Fedora 13).
> >
> > [Please tell me specific devices that don't boot using boot helper CD]
> >

> [Helper CD is fine, think Windows 2000-era PCs as most benefited]

This conversation is about as useful as emailing a car designer's
mailing list and saying "I bought some diesel but I can't get to the
supermarket".

We need:

1) Specific machines (BIOS + motherboard model #s) that don't work
2) Precise symptoms - "doesn't work", "doesn't boot",
"crashes", "hangs", are all useless and frustrating for everyone.

Otherwise please don't waste anyone's time.

> >> Art Hunkins
> >
> > Peter
> >
> -walter

Martin