[Sugar-devel] Problems adapting activity

Alberto Arruda de Oliveira alberto.a.oliv at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 14:29:47 EDT 2010

Hello,

Recently, I've been trying to adapt a software a friend developed into an
activity, but since I'm a bit newbie when it comes to sugar development, I'm
having some trouble doing it.

I've followed the tutorials in

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Creating_an_activity

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Activity_tutorial

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Activity_bundles

with no success.

I run the setup.py file on my computer, create the .xo package, export it to
the XO system, install it and restart. The activity icon shows up, but when
I click it, it stays on the loading screen ( white with the activity icon
blinking ) but doesn't load the program.

I'm trying to run it on an emulated image.

Also, keep in mind that the software itself wasn't developed with the XO in
mind, so, maybe I need to change something on the source code to make it
work.

Thank you for your help