[Sugar-devel] Paint maintainer MIA?

David Farning dfarning at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 11:04:27 EDT 2010

On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 6:24 PM, Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu at sugarlabs.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 16:22, Simon Schampijer <simon at schampijer.de> wrote:
>> On 06/07/2010 04:14 PM, Gonzalo Odiard wrote:
>>> Anybody knows if the Paint maintainer is M.I.A.?
>>> I have sent patches the last month and James Cameron has reviewed them, but
>>> there aren't any response from the maintainer. In the git repository, the
>>> last commits to change code were by Aleksey and Simon in 2009-06.
>>> I volunteer to maintainer if  nobody want to take this role.
>>
>> Hi Gonzalo,
>>
>> these are great news! I have not seen any contributions to Paint from
>> anybody besides Aleksey and myself. I would be just wonderful to have
>> someone giving Paint the attention it deserves.
>>
>> If you are willing to, I don't see anything stopping you from doing it ;)
>
> Isn't Manu in LinuxTag these days? He used to keep track of who
> maintains Paint back when he was at OLPC.

I think Manu (CCed) would fully support this handover.  He has his
hand pretty full getting the Seeta developers up to speed developing
and maintaining Sugar on Ubuntu.

Seeta, has a good deal of experience in abiword. So, I believe they
will be volunteering to take maintainership of write.

Once Lucian gets up to speed converting browse to webkit, Activity
Central will volunteer to assist development and maintainership of
browse.

david