[Sugar-devel] Browse activity not working

John Samuel johnsamuel643 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 1 06:01:31 EDT 2010

This is John here, I recently installed Sugar 0.88 Xephyr. I used the following code to install :

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:alsroot/trisquel-edu-3.5
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install sugar-platform

But when I try to run the Browse activity, I get the following error :

Browse failed to start.

I tried to run the Browse activity from the terminal and got the following error :

root at labadmin-desktop:/usr/share/sugar/activities/Browse.activity# python browser.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "browser.py", line 26, in <module>
    import hulahop
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/hulahop/__init__.py", line 29, in <module>
    from hulahop._hulahop import shutdown
ImportError: libxul.so: cannot open shared object
 file: No such file or directory
root at labadmin-desktop:/usr/share/sugar/activities/Browse.activity#

Kindly help

John Samuel