[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Problem with Pippy layout on <=0.84

Anish Mangal anishmangal2002 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 01:37:38 EDT 2010

Pippy-36 [1] while running on xo1-0.84 (and lower) has a problem with
its layout [2] where the Keep and Activity-Stop buttons drop off the
main toolbar and the share combo box doesn't appear anymore (probably
due to lack of space on the main toolbar).

I wanted to get an opinion on what should be the best way around this.
When I detect an old version, should I create a new 'Actions' toolbar
with the the run, stop (different from Activity-stop) and clear
buttons[3], or revert to the original Pippy layout, wherein they were
displayed between the gtksourceview and the virtual terminal emulator
widgets.

[1] http://activities.sugarlabs.org/en-US/sugar/addons/versions/4041#version-36
[2] http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/9181#comment:11
[3] http://people.sugarlabs.org/~anish/Pippy-37-new.xo