[Sugar-devel] Memorize Game sharing a Created game

Kevin Mark kevin.mark at verizon.net
Thu Jul 22 21:53:07 EDT 2010

On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 11:42:09AM +1000, David Leeming wrote:
> Thanks, it is version 33 that was shipped, if you read the wiki carefully.
> We will try downgrading. This brings up a related matter, when using a slow
> Internet connection (possibly latency is an issue too) the download
> frequently fails before it is complete, and there is no way of knowing
> precisely unless it is a grossly reduced download,. Without testing. I am
> struggling to download Memorize 33 from the OLPC wiki, at my present
> location in central PNG, using mobile broadband. But we'll revert back with
> our findings.
>

> David Leeming

In such a situation, I would use 'command line mode'. And do this:

wget -c url-of-memorize-33.xo

this would allow you to continue an incomplete/failed download and try again
until it got it.
then you can use:

sugar-install-bundle memorize-33.xo

or

unzip memorize-33.xo

and then 'mv' the old one to a temp location and 'mv' the new one into
/home/olpc/Activities.

But that is just me. I dont know if that is something you would be comfortable
doing.
--
|  .''`.  == Debian GNU/Linux ==.| http://kevix.myopenid.com......|
| : :' :     The Universal OS....| mysite.verizon.net/kevin.mark/.|