[Sugar-devel] Memorize Game sharing a Created game

Gary Martin garycmartin at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 22 21:03:38 EDT 2010

On 23 Jul 2010, at 00:18, "Tom Parker" <tom at carrott.org> wrote:

> On Fri, July 23, 2010 10:37 am, David Leeming wrote:
>> I can definitely say that we have this issue! It is something that I have
>> done with intermittent success before but in our current workshop we
>> simply
>> cannot make it work.
>
> Walter has updated the ticket http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/2115 saying
> that Memorize 34 does not work on build 8.2.1 because that build is too
> old. You'll have to install an older version of Memorize.
>
> The version of Memorize shipped with build 8.2.1 works, but I don't know
> what version that is.

FWIW Memorize-33 seemed to share and allow two XOs to play the same game. It did get confused after a few rounds and then neither could pick a card, however I was testing one v33 in Sugar 0.82, and the other v34 in Sugar 8.4.16. This was tested over a Mesh connection.

FWIW, the OLPC micro format wiki page is also listing v34 as 8.2.1 supported, so if it is confirmed it does have some new dependency, that page needs correcting as well as ASLO.

>> We did everything we could think of, restarting, etc etc.

Did you grab a copy of the Memorize log so we can try and fix/see the error? That would really speed up the chances of a fix/resolution.

FWIW: older release versions of Memorize are all available on activities.sugarlabs.org, just search for memorize and then click on the 'show all versions' link near the bottom of the page (usually ASLO only shows the most recent activity release for the release of Sugar you are using, but this one may have been tagged incorrectly, or has some regression the maintainer didn't expect).

Regards,
--Gary