[Sugar-devel] Memorize Game sharing a Created game

Tom Parker tom at carrott.org
Thu Jul 22 19:18:43 EDT 2010

On Fri, July 23, 2010 10:37 am, David Leeming wrote:
> I can definitely say that we have this issue! It is something that I have
> done with intermittent success before but in our current workshop we
> simply
> cannot make it work.

Walter has updated the ticket http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/2115 saying
that Memorize 34 does not work on build 8.2.1 because that build is too
old. You'll have to install an older version of Memorize.

The version of Memorize shipped with build 8.2.1 works, but I don't know
what version that is.

> We did everything we could think of, restarting, etc etc.

Unfortunately, Memorize encountered an unexpected exception but didn't
tell you.

> Can you please give me the step by step method you used to (a) create and
> share a game and (b) to load the attached game and then share it, using a
> server or simple mesh (if it makes any difference) then we will attempt to
> reproduce.

I don't have an XO with me so I can't install 8.2.1 and see which version
it ships with, but from memory we:

Flashed two XO-1.0 with build 8.2.1.
Started Memorize on one XO
Loaded a game
Set sharing to Neighbourhood
Found the Memorize in the Neighbourhood on the other XO
Joined Memorize with right-click

We then installed Memorize 34 and sharing no longer worked.

> Also, can you let me know if the saved game should be loadable from the
> Journal or has to be loaded from a started game.

Sorry, I don't know.