[Sugar-devel] [SoaS] Call for Testers: LiveUSB Creator on other Distributions

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 07:44:11 EDT 2010

On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 9:41 AM, Sebastian Dziallas <sebastian at when.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'd like us to get a coherent way in terms of user interfaces for
> creating Sugar on a Stick on as many distributions as possible. I do
> have a first iteration of such a release using Fedora's LiveUSB
> Creator ready and need some testers with - preferably different -
> distributions. There are a couple of things that need to be checked
> before this is ready for mass-consumption, but if you're interested in
> giving this a try, please drop me a line and note the distributions
> you're running on real machines on which you could actually test this.
>
> Thanks,
> --Sebastian

Another observation from Lucid:

The file browser doesn't remember what directory you were using
between sessions and even when searching for a new .iso within a
single session.

Also, I got burnt by the forgot to set the overlay size and had to
restart the application even after my session ended.

-walter

--
Walter Bender
Sugar Labs