[Sugar-devel] Some activities to fix (or check) for F11-0.88

Gary Martin garycmartin at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 21 00:20:47 EDT 2010

On 21 Jul 2010, at 04:24, Bernie Innocenti <bernie at codewiz.org> wrote:

> Hello Jorge,
>
> I know activities are low-priority now, but when you have time it would
> be good to try to fix these activities with known problems:
>

>       com.laptop.Ruler,
>
> The ruler is scaled incorrectly (since Sugar 0.84)
>

>       com.socialtext.SocialCalcActivity,
>
> This one has startup problems (since Sugar 0.84) due to a hard-coded
> timeout to synchronize the Python part with the JavaScript part. There
> are also bugs in charts. OLPC dropped it from their builds.
>

>       org.worldwideworkshop.PollBuilder,
>       org.worldwideworkshop.olpc.JigsawPuzzle,
>       org.worldwideworkshop.olpc.SliderPuzzle,
>
> These are simply untested on 0.88. They might work out of the box. Do we
> want PollBuilder in the default installation of F11-0.88?
>

> 	org.laptop.AcousticMeasure (aka Distance)
>
> It is said to work badly on the XO-1.5. But did it ever work well? While
> we cannot expect the method used by Distance to yield very accurate
> results, but in the past I've always seen pseudo-random numbers even
> with the X-1.
>

>       tv.alterna.Clock
>
> This one does not make much sense until we set the time from ntp (no
> need to test it)

FWIW: this is an activity I picked up maintenance of from Pierre Métras, I can confirm it fails under Mirabelle, but not sure if it is F13 or Sugar 0.88 related yet. Need to investigate (it's not picking up widget.window, perhaps some 0.88 canvas change in Sugar I seem to remember being discussed).

Regards,
--Gary